FORUMS: list search recent posts

Changing Pixel Aspect Ratio of existing MPGs?

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Bush
Changing Pixel Aspect Ratio of existing MPGs?
on Mar 21, 2011 at 2:29:01 pm

Hi all,

I received several mpeg2 files the other day, to be used as high quality masters for a presentation.

They are supposed to be in PAL format, but instead of a 1.09 PAR they have square pixels.

Does anyone know of any way to change the PAR without re-encoding the file? I have a program (from the Mpeg Append Suite - called Force Anamorphic) that can add an anamorphic flag, to change the PAR on an anamporphic file to the proper widescreen, but these are 4:3. Does anyone know of a similar app to change the PAR from Square pixels to PAL 1.09? Thanks,

Scott

Return to posts index

Jason Brown
Re: Changing Pixel Aspect Ratio of existing MPGs?
on Mar 21, 2011 at 3:34:26 pm

I remember a tiny little executable file (PC) that you could run and change header information, like bit-rate, duration, PAR, etc.

I don't remember the name, but I used it to fool DVD players with footage that was over the 9Mbps DVD limit...

I'll take a look tonight at home and see if I still have that application...I used it many many years ago, but I never throw anything good away :)

The file was very small and just changed the header of the file (didn't transcode).

-Jason

Return to posts index

Jason Brown
on Mar 22, 2011 at 3:08:58 am

I found it! It's called DVD Patcher...I have the executable file if you want me to send it to you...or you can try to look it up online. I didn't even try a search. Looks like the version I have is v1.06. The modified date was April of 2004, and I haven't used it since way back then.

Also I'm guessing it may be able to re-interpret PAR's of any MPEG...even though its design is for MPEG2 for DVD.

-Jason

Return to posts index

Scott Bush
on Mar 22, 2011 at 3:20:57 am

Wow thanks! If you could send it to me that'd be fantastic!

Return to posts index

Jason Brown
on Mar 22, 2011 at 10:35:55 am

Email?

Return to posts index

Scott Bush
on Mar 22, 2011 at 5:33:20 pm

Right. Thought maybe you had a dropbox link or somethin. :)

please send to DSnutz11 at gmail.com (don't ask but yes for real)

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]