FORUMS: list search recent posts

video onto a flash drive

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mark wilkinson
video onto a flash drive
on Mar 9, 2011 at 1:19:25 am

my clients are heading to a conference and i am providing them with a DVD. they have also asked for the video to be put onto some flash drives which i have now, branded etc. they seemed to be in love with the idea despite my comments... anyway. now i have to load them up.

what is my most fool-proof method of getting the video to the people who will be handed these things?

i have read about auto play stuff in flash - is that wise ?

is there a way for the DVD structure to make it onto the drive so it emulates the DVD somehow ?

and failing all of that, if i just put a single copy of the video on the drives, what would be a good format that would ensure the odd mac user doesnt get cut out ? MPEG2 ? MP4?

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: video onto a flash drive
on Mar 9, 2011 at 3:18:44 am

Personally I think a simple method would be H.264 .mp4 which cal play in Quicktime and Windows Media Player 12. If you want to consider auto play this may require different programing for Mac or Windows. You could build a Flash Player but that too can have issues depending on the computer used to playback the video. DVD structure is an interesting idea assuming they have software to play it, which is common but not everyone has it.

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
on Mar 10, 2011 at 4:21:19 am

DVD structure: yup, copy the video TS folder.

Lots of program will play it, including VLC player.

Best,

Jeff G

Apple Master Trainer | Avid Cert. Instructor DS/MC
Come See me speak at NAB!
Compressor Essentials from Lynda.com
(older but still good) Marquee, Media Composer (3.5) and Basic/Advanced Color DVDs (1.0) from Vasst.com
Contact me through my Website

Return to posts index

mark wilkinson
on Mar 10, 2011 at 10:20:30 am

thanks for the tips. in the end i used flash and made stand alone players for both windows and mac and they both play really well.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]