FORUMS: list search recent posts

mov to m4v best quality low file size for mac

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jerome Guidotti
mov to m4v best quality low file size for mac
on Mar 2, 2011 at 6:55:45 pm

Hey guys,

Any suggestions on programs I could buy that could produce great conversion to an m4v (h264) with customizable settings since I need my output in 640 x 360 format. I like usung Apple Compressor as it produces great quality and you can change the settings to your likings. The only problem with that is they set the limit to 1000kbps as the minimum. That is a disadvantage to since I produce videos for web use. I used to do fine with flv but since mobile site was launched I need it to be iphone-ipad friendly. For flv I use 448kbps and the quality is good enough but when I convert it in AVS with the same bitrate the quality drops a lot. And I need to reboot to Windows too to get to AVS just for this. So any AVS for mac out there with better encoding skills is highly appreciated. Im willing to buy if its a good software.

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
Re: mov to m4v best quality low file size for mac
on Mar 3, 2011 at 8:30:58 am

You should be able to set a custom bit rate directly in FCP using the Quicktime Conversion Output settings.

If you want a more automated process check out Telestream Episode - the $500 version will do this and also once you get it set to taste - you can save everything as a preferred drag and drop workflow.

"Before speaking out ask yourself whether your words are true, whether they are respectful and whether they are needed in our civil discussions."-Justice O'Conner

Return to posts index

Jerome Guidotti
Re: mov to m4v best quality low file size for mac
on Mar 3, 2011 at 8:39:43 am

However I dont see m4v export formats in Quicktime Conversion. I"ll go check out telestream. Thanks Bill!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]