FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compression setting for 24PA DV in FCP's Compressor

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lindsay Browne
Compression setting for 24PA DV in FCP's Compressor
on Feb 6, 2011 at 8:18:54 pm

Having read through many of the forums and threads at this amazing website I have conceited defeat..for the time being :)

I have a Panasonic DVX100A and I have recorded video in 24P Advanced on Mini-DV tape.

I then proceeded to capture this video in Final Cut Pro 6.0.6.
I used the Easy Setup DV NTSC 48kHz Advanced (2:3:3:2) Pulldown Removal.

WHAT I AM AIMING AT ACCOMPLISHING:
I need to export this as a file. Not to tape or DVD or Web. Just a file for playback on a video monitor or perhaps a clients computer screen (which will not be a "real" video monitor)

I would love the video to look as true to what I saw in the camera's viewfinder, as close as possible of course. I shot using a tripod and I feel the shot looks very nice on my video monitor when I view it from the FCP timeline.

When I export it I cannot seem to make it come out clear. It has a very fuzzy tone. The human in the shot looks very grainy and fuzzy on the edges, yet only when I export. The human is being shot at a medium closeup (waist to head).

Anyone have any tips or suggestions/revisions to my process or what I can do to get a final export looking up to scratch.

THANKS!

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
Re: Compression setting for 24PA DV in FCP's Compressor
on Feb 8, 2011 at 2:21:08 am

[Lindsay Browne] "When I export it I cannot seem to make it come out clear. It has a very fuzzy tone. "

Ok, what do you mean by this. Export it how? To where? Compressor? QT movie? QT Conversion?
Where are you looking at the video? QT? QT player X (Which will scale up files)

Sorry to be pesky but the devil is in the details.

Best,

Jeff G

Apple Master Trainer
Avid Cert. Instructor DS/MC
Avid & Color Videos Vasst.com
Compressor Essentials Lynda.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]