FORUMS: list search recent posts

flash with video editing program

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jandi pyo
flash with video editing program
on Feb 4, 2011 at 12:24:27 pm

HEllo i'm new here and with flash animation. working with Flash to produce animated film with live action video. now couple of days i'm trying to export the file and come across endless technical problems. I can not export at all to MOV.
and as AVI the quality is bad especially if i export with the FLV video live action file, all I have left is to export only the animation with green background and combine it with live action video and audio in video editing program (using sony vegas )
I realized that I can export as PNG, but also here I run into a problem, since my video lasts 6 minutes and there are many PNG files (4400)(720*480) the quality isnt the best also and i cant import all of them at once to sony i need every time to put like 60 imag and it's very complicated and not accurate
...maybe my settings isn't right?. I do not know how to do it properly or maybe i need other program that compress all the png to mov in hq & and what the best setting for the png files? .... . or Do you have tutorial where I can get instruction on interested?
thank you very much
noga

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
Re: flash with video editing program
on Feb 5, 2011 at 3:49:55 pm

I'm not a flash user - that's the forum you'd want to be on. Either that or on the Vegas Forum here on Cow.

You're trying to export a flash file in a format that Vegas can use for Chroma keying (that's the title of the post you'll make over in the flash forum.)

In the meantime, here's what you can do.
First, my guess on why you can't export a QuickTime file, is that you don't have QuickTime installed. QuickTime is often used as a container to move elements to video software; But I could be wrong; you're on a PC, and flash might only have an AVI option.

As far as Vegas goes; look for the option to import a Image Sequence. That's what you're getting by exporting your PNG files.

Best,

Jeff G

Apple Master Trainer
Avid Cert. Instructor DS/MC
Avid & Color Videos Vasst.com
Compressor Essentials Lynda.com

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Feb 5, 2011 at 4:26:09 pm

MOV and AVI are just containers and have no impact on quality.
What you put in those containers and the settings you use have impact.

You need to explain your attempted workflow.
You are creating the animation in what program?
Without that, we can't begin to guess what your export options are.

Given you are using Sony Vegas is there a reason why you believe only MOV container and not AVI will work in it?

Can you export using Animation codec?
Can you export using Photo JPEG codec?

Return to posts index

jandi pyo
on Feb 8, 2011 at 9:22:41 am

Hi thank for your answer.
i want now to export from flash a project of animation+video live action. i want it to be the best quality and i have flash cs5+8
thru that i want to export and upload in youtube.
it's 4 minutes long video .

i can't export to mov from flash for some way so i export as PNG sequence
and upload to sony vegas. but maybe i dont need sony vegas so i need a suggestion how the best way to compress it from flash thank you

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]