FORUMS: list search recent posts

HD Video into PowerPoint 2007

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeffrey Gould
HD Video into PowerPoint 2007
on Jan 24, 2011 at 11:30:06 pm

Hi, I did a search and didn't find anything related. I shoot in HDV, looking to do a PPT Presentation for the Chamber of Commerce and wanted to insert some HD Demo's and Testimonials. Are there optimum specs for WMV for PPT? I use Sorenson Squeeze and I'm using a Dell M6500 Laptop with Win 7. Thanks for any direction, let me know if you need more info.

Jeffrey S. Gould
Action Media Productions

Return to posts index

Jason Brown
Re: HD Video into PowerPoint 2007
on Jan 25, 2011 at 1:08:20 am

Not sure that I can offer any significant solutions, but I know that a couple ppt versions ago, file name length produced playback issues for me.

I've always been confused about how ppt for pc won't handle h264, but ppt for Mac will.

I try to stay away from ppt...it always seems like I have problems

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
on Jan 25, 2011 at 1:48:59 am

Must encode to 1280 x 720 WMV at about 3000 kbps....should play and look great. If you want an H264/Quicktime solution Keynote on the Mac is the best video player. Smooth transitions between slides and movies.

But for now get your HDV to WMV at 1280 x 720 and you'll be fine.

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media Inc.
Video Production, Post, Studio Sound Stage
Founder/President/Editor/Designer/Animator
http://www.tiltmedia.com

Return to posts index

Jeffrey Gould
on Jan 25, 2011 at 3:08:15 am

Thank you Rich, those settings are exactly what I needed. I'm also running PPT in 1280x720, even though it says "slowest performance, best quality". Funny you mention Keynote, I originally was going to do the presentation on my Ipad using Keynote, but wasn't happy with the output on my LCD monitor using Component cables. It's a nice app, it's just easier to navigate and put together a large presentation using a desktop. Thanks again. Jeff

Jeffrey S. Gould
Action Media Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]