FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor transcode with identical filename?

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tyler Granlund
Compressor transcode with identical filename?
on Jan 19, 2011 at 10:21:05 pm

Using Compressor 3.5.2 to transocode a H.264 (from the 5D) footage to proresHQ. Its a locked cut and Id love to transcode with identical filenames for obvious relinking automation.

Is my only option to use the media manager recompress option out of FCP?

Return to posts index

Olin Padilla
Re: Compressor transcode with identical filename?
on Jan 19, 2011 at 11:07:57 pm

For HDSLR transcodes I always use MPEG Streamclip. It's free, fast, and maintains the original file name.

Here's a good way to do it. Create an identical folder structure to the one you are currently using, but use a different name for the root folder. Create a batch in MPEG Streamclip, and select the h264 footage (one folder at a time, choosing the new identical folders as the destination). Start batch and wait.

When it is done, quit out of FCP, change the name of the root folder for the new transcoded footage to the name that the h264 footage folder uses.

Re-open FCP and the files will be re-linked automatically. Done.

You'll probably have to change your sequence settings, but shouldn't need to render anything (unless you used effects).

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
on Jan 20, 2011 at 2:46:42 pm

Any reason you're not having compressor not change the name?

Create your own destination in compressor and you can choose what to add (and what not to add!) to the compressed file.

Best,

Jeff G

Apple Master Trainer
Avid Cert. Instructor DS/MC
Avid & Color Videos Vasst.com
Compressor Essentials Lynda.com

Return to posts index

tyler Granlund
on Jan 20, 2011 at 5:07:30 pm

That helps a lot, thanks! As for not changing the name, Im working with a locked cut that was edited in h264 (not by my recommendation) so converting with the exact file name will allow me to reconnect easily. When Compressor adds to the name they must be individually reconnected to the FCP sequence.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]