FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need NTSC, have no idea

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
nick avaliani
Need NTSC, have no idea
on Jan 19, 2011 at 2:20:01 am

Dear All

I need to write NTSC video from compressor. original footage was in Pal as I was explained. So I am using compressor, but have no idea where I indicate NTSC format.

It is in Pixel aspect??? NTSC CCIR 601 DV 16:9

I must then record on blue ray disc and it is for theatrical release not just small screen release.

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
Re: Need NTSC, have no idea
on Jan 19, 2011 at 4:10:07 am

If you search in the presets (by using the search box) you'll see an NTSC uncompressed format. You can use this - but that won't be the proper format for blu ray.

Best,

Jeff G

Apple Master Trainer
Avid Cert. Instructor DS/MC
Avid & Color Videos Vasst.com
Compressor Essentials Lynda.com

Return to posts index

Olin Padilla
on Jan 19, 2011 at 10:39:18 pm

It sounds like you are dealing with multiple issues. Are you planning to convert the PAL footage to progressive HD? If that is the case, then maybe you should skip the NTSC step in compressor. Converting between two kinds of interlaced media is complicated, and might get messy.

If you re-post with the exact specs for the PAL footage and the delivery specs, then I can give you a much more concise answer.

Return to posts index

nick avaliani
on Jan 19, 2011 at 11:04:47 pm

Thanks

It is 24 fps originally what was shot on camera. I have movie file 1920X1080 compresion method apple prores 444.

I I do not know any other data. As it seems it is very easy I was explained on multiple forums that if fps is 24 so pal and ntsc does not matter. I am burning now blue ray disc and tomorrow I will test in theater finally, if it does not work then I will panic on forums

Return to posts index

Olin Padilla
on Jan 19, 2011 at 11:13:20 pm

Sounds like you are already in Blu-ray specs.

Be careful when using terms like NTSC and PAL, as they refer to much more than American vs. European video specs. They are very specific terms that refer to SD footage for broadcast. Good luck.

Return to posts index

nick avaliani
on Jan 19, 2011 at 11:36:48 pm

I deal with only HD not SD

so I was told HD is not such sensitive to NTSC or PAL, it's not an issue for HD.

What I need to know is in compressor there is video format , so I am indicating NTSC 23.98, (it automatically makes it)

Return to posts index

Olin Padilla
on Jan 19, 2011 at 11:39:26 pm

If you are dealing with HD than you should avoid the term NTSC completely.

If you are using compressor to create a ProRes 4444 file, than that is the preset you should use. Also, always double check the geometry tab, and make sure it is 1920x1080.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jan 19, 2011 at 11:45:15 pm

Nick the problem is people are answering based on incomplete and possibly inaccurate information provided by you. Please read the sticky at the top of the forum.

NTSC and PAL are Standard Def.
HD can be 23.98 (24), 25, 29.97, 50, 59.94 but there is no "PAL" or "NTSC" per se in HD. Some refer to them as PAL "compatible" or NTSC "compatible" frame rates but there may be other terms.

If you shot at 25fps you can slow down to 24 (23.98) and that would be NTSC compatible for example.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]