FORUMS: list search recent posts

AVC Intra in Compressor?

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Benjamin Mertzic
AVC Intra in Compressor?
on Jan 14, 2011 at 5:42:27 pm

I have installed and tested an MXO2 Mini with MAX. I am happy with Avid monitoring and the H.264 encoding we have done, however, I need a little help with our AVC intra workflow. Primarily we will edit with Avid Media Composer 5 on 8-core Mac pros using AVC intra files recorded on P2 media from our Panasonic cameras. We would then like to encode the edited sequences using Appleā€™s Compressor and the MXO2 Mini with MAX. The problem is that Compressor crashes immediately(Message: Compressor quit unexpectedly while using AvidAVinCodec Plug-in) when attempting to bring these AVC intra files into the program. I realize this problem is probably with Compressor and is not with the MXO2 Mini with MAX and I am wondering if you can suggest a solution or alternative(Compressor is preferable as we already own the licenses). We have 6 more Avid suites that will eventually need hardware for monitoring so I have to figure out if the MXO2 Mini with MAX fits into our encoding workflow. I did try calling support, however, they were unable to provide any suggestions. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
Re: AVC Intra in Compressor?
on Jan 14, 2011 at 6:57:03 pm

Is it every system? I wonder if it's the machine. I don't have a MX02 handy, but if you want to put up a short QuickTime file on my idisk, I'll try it on my system (I have both Avid & FCS installed)

Best,

Jeff G

Return to posts index

Benjamin Mertzic
on Jan 14, 2011 at 7:53:03 pm

Thanks Jeff. I only have Avid and FCP on this one machine. I could get a short clip to you if you wouldn't mind giving it a try. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
on Jan 14, 2011 at 7:55:28 pm

You can reach me at my name at mac.com - I'll give you an idisk folder and look at it.

Best,

Jeff G

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]