FORUMS: list search recent posts

MPEG 2 Conversion

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Kumanovski
MPEG 2 Conversion
on Jan 10, 2011 at 6:00:35 am

Hi,

I have a client that requires me to deliver the project in the following format:

MPEG 2, 1920 x 768, Program Stream, AC3 Audio, CBR (Preferred by not essential).

The video has been produced using Motion 4 and I have rendered out the file as a QuickTime Movie, using the Animation codec at 1920 x 768.

I have tried to find a converting program on the internet that will do the job but with no success. I have also tried using Compressor to make the conversion, however Compressor automatically makes the output file a 16:9 file and I can't seem to find a way to customise the output to 1920 x 768.

Does anyone have any suggestions or recommended programs of ways to solve this problem?

Ben.
benk@globalpictures.com.au

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: MPEG 2 Conversion
on Jan 10, 2011 at 6:29:35 pm

[Ben Kumanovski] "I have tried to find a converting program on the internet that will do the job but with no success"

Hmm, I have no idea what you've looked at but any professional compression app can do this. Telestream Episode does for example.

[Ben Kumanovski] "Compressor automatically makes the output file a 16:9 file and I can't seem to find a way to customise the output to 1920 x 768."

I'm not sure what you've tried but maybe you didn't set up the Geometry tab properly but it is entirely possible Compressor forces MPEG2 Program Streams to 4:3 or 16:9 since those are the standard. Apple's Compressor certainly does force some things on you but it's not a very flexible tool. That's why I use Telestream Episode.

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
Re: MPEG 2 Conversion
on Jan 11, 2011 at 8:06:22 pm

I'm pretty sure that compressor is going to try and make your video 16x9 or 4x3 (based on it's encoder tab.) It's just that Apple seems to be focused on standard HD sizes, and your size is very non standard.

I was going to suggest trying it via QuickTime, but apple removed the MPEG-2 QuickTime component from the Proapp install (you have to hunt it down from the FCS2 disks - not the FCS3 disks, as I recall.)

Try Episode Pro or Squeeze - either should do this for you.

Best,

Jeff G

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]