FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor "details level"... pink outlines!!!

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Dougherty
Compressor "details level"... pink outlines!!!
on Dec 24, 2010 at 5:57:11 pm

Compressor "details level" revisited... purple/pink outlines!!!

In Compressor 3.5 (OS 10.63) I would up revisiting a setting used successfully with HDV (interlace) material (see below), copied the setting and changed it to progressive....

"I did an edit with DVCpro HD material and (even allowing for NTSC) felt the resulting sd dvd was kind of soft. It was made with Apple Compressor (setting) Best Quality 90min (aka mpeg-2 6.2Mbps 2-pass)

I wound up copying that setting and turning the detail levels up to 10 for what seemed like a better result."

Now the copied/amended setting delivers massive purple/pink outlines in the resulting file, not the detail enhancement of days gone by, anyone ever see this?

Thanks. Happy Holidays.

Paul

Return to posts index

Joseph Cobb
Re: Compressor "details level"... pink outlines!!!
on Feb 2, 2015 at 8:55:37 pm

Hey Paul,

I know this was posted a long time ago, but I was wondering if you were able to solve this issue or pinpoint what caused this problem?

I'm using Compressor 3.5 to transcode from HD to an SD DVD and I've run into the same issue of pink outlines when setting Details Level to anything other than 0.

Please let me know if you have any answers, I haven't found any other mention of this problem online.

Joseph

Return to posts index

Paul Dougherty
Re: Compressor "details level"... pink outlines!!!
on Feb 2, 2015 at 9:05:05 pm

No handy record of a solution or breakthrough on that, sorry

Paul

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]