FORUMS: list search recent posts

Possible to Create H.264 .mp4 Using Compressor 3?

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Castellani
Possible to Create H.264 .mp4 Using Compressor 3?
on Dec 16, 2010 at 2:54:58 pm

I still have not been able to find a way to compress an FCP project using H.264 into a .mp4 file. When I select format .mp4, I lose the H.264 encoding and my video turns to crap. I have the clearest, smallest video using H.264 .mov that works perfectly, but won't play on Flash. When I attempt to create a .mp4 file, the quality goes bad and the size blows up.

Here is the clear, small .mov file: http://www.twobackpackers.com/wp-content/videos/1920x1080%2030p-Small%20Web...

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Possible to Create H.264 .mp4 Using Compressor 3?
on Dec 16, 2010 at 4:25:35 pm

Quicktime Pro can create H.264 .mp4 but I don't believe Compressor can do this overtly. One thing to note is that .m4v is .mp4 so you can use iOS device settings and change the extension believe it or not. That would be the way to do it inside of Compressor.

Return to posts index

Jason Castellani
on Dec 16, 2010 at 8:09:16 pm

Okay, purchasing QT Pro now. You would think $1,000 FCP software would take care of this ya know? I will now test to see what is better, QT Pro or changing .m4v to .mp4.

Return to posts index

Jason Castellani
on Dec 16, 2010 at 8:14:56 pm

Crap, I just purchased a license for QT 7 Pro and I already have Snow Leopard and QT X. Can QT X handle this?

-Edit:
I found a Quicktime Player 7 that can be installed on Snow Leopard. This should solve my problem. I don't see how QT 10 can do what I need it to do.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Dec 16, 2010 at 10:30:08 pm

Quicktime X has very limited export capabilities. Final Cut Studio includes Quicktime 7 Pro though so you shouldn't need to buy it. Yes it is dumb that QT Pro can export to H.264 mp4 but Compressor requires the extension change "dance."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]