FORUMS: list search recent posts

Apple Compressor to JW Player Error

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Castellani
Apple Compressor to JW Player Error
on Dec 14, 2010 at 4:20:34 pm

I am trying to use the JW Player on a website to play my videos, however I have been unsuccessful. I have been in contact with support at JW Player and they have come to the conclusion that I can't play my .mov compressed file on their player because Apple Compressor is not compressing the file correctly. I want to be sure that is the case before I change my compression settings.

Computer: MBP 2.66 GHz Intel Core i7 MacOSX(10.6.5) 8GB 1067MHz DDR3
Software: Final Cut Studio Compressor 3.5.3

Material was filmed on a Canon Vixia HFS100 at 1920x1080 29.97fps Stereo.
Using Final Cut Pro 7.0.3 My sequence was set to 1920x1080 29.97fps using Apple ProRes. I have exported the final video as a QuickTime Movie (6.29 GB 06:16).

Compressor Settings
Using the QuickTime Movie as my source, I then select the Create Web Reference Movie, which creates 3 movie sizes for variable bit rates. I did not change any of the compression settings from their defaults. Here is the Large Movie's settings summary:
Name: Large web movie
Description: H.264 up to 1280x720 video @ 5 Mbps, progressive. Audio is 44.1 kHz, stereo
File Extension: mov
Estimated size: 240.35 MB
Audio Encoder
AAC, Stereo (L R), 44.100 kHz
Video Encoder
Format: QT
Width and Height: Up to 1280 x 720
Selected: 1280 x 720
Pixel aspect ratio: Square
Crop: None
Padding: None
Frame rate: (100% of source)
Selected: 29.97
Frame Controls: Automatically selected: Off
Codec Type: H.264
Multi-pass: On, frame reorder: On
Pixel depth: 24
Spatial quality: 75
Min. Spatial quality: 25
Temporal quality: 50
Min. temporal quality: 25
Average data rate: 5.12 (Mbps)
Fast Start: on
Compressed header
requires QuickTime 3 Minimum

When finished, all three movies play correctly on my desktop and directly from my web hosts server (bluehost.com) using QuickTime.

Once I try to play the movie through the JW Player, which is Flash, it fails. The Poster Image appears along with the play button. Once play is selected the movie processing wheel spins endlessly with a black screen. The movie never appears.

This is also the case when using the JW Player wizard and pointing the video file to my file on my web host.

JW Player support suggests that I am having the problem where the entire video must load before playing. Under this suggestion we attempted to use the QTIndexSwapper 2 to move the Index to the front of the movie. The QTIndexSwapper 2 said my video is already fixed.

After that unsuccessful attempt at getting my videos to work on JW Player, support advised for me to save my files as .mp4. My problem is that I like the default Create Referenced Movies template because I know very little about compression settings. After attempting to format in .mp4 the quality of my videos has suffered.

Any suggestions on what may be causing my videos to not play with the JW Player?

My Videos:
http://www.twobackpackers.com/wp-content/Episode_11-Large_web_movie.mov

http://www.twobackpackers.com/wp-content/videos/Episode_11-Small_web_movie....

Thank You
Jason
TwoBackpackers.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]