FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor pixel glitch artefact appearing and disapearing

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Benoit Côté
Compressor pixel glitch artefact appearing and disapearing
on Dec 7, 2010 at 4:07:58 pm

Hi!

Sometimes when I compress a files to M2V for DVD or BluRay with compressor, I'm getting some unwanted pixels noise artefact that are appearing/disappearing with some kind of saccade, like a heartbeat or I don't know what...

I could compare this bug to a glitch in a mp3 that is compressed from a bad cd... (the sound that you can hear would be like : CHK CHK CHK CHK CHK... )

In my case, in the final compressed file only the video is affected, audio play normally. Also, my video source is perfect with no mixed media video... everything was shot/animated in HD... And it look ok everywhere.

Normally, I don't ask too much to my computer when I'm encoding... but sometimes I have to work on other things so...my guess would be that at this time during the compression, I was probably asking too much for the computer and it's having repercussion to the compressed files ...

Any other people having this kind of bug?
I d' like to understand a little what could make this if my guess is wrong...

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Benoit Côté
Re: Compressor pixel glitch artefact appearing and disapearing
on Dec 7, 2010 at 6:54:14 pm

I also noticed that this "jerk" of pixel appear every 15 frames... so I guess it has something to do with the GOP settings maybe?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]