FORUMS: list search recent posts

1) Square pixels in compressor with 720x480 MPEG2? or -- 2) Best way to mux m2v and ac3, aiff, or wav?

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Crawford Winstead
1) Square pixels in compressor with 720x480 MPEG2? or -- 2) Best way to mux m2v and ac3, aiff, or wav?
on Nov 22, 2010 at 11:28:21 pm

Hello,

I am trying to get compressor to encode a 720x480 FCP export that is AppleProRes422, and I would like to know if it's possible to get compressor to encode it to an MPEG-2 with SQUARE pixels... This option is grayed out, and that's all I am after. I know why I am getting my MPEG-2 to playback 640x480, however I need it to play back at 720x480 for a specific playback device. Any help here would be great! Thanks...

Or,

Can anyone help me find the best way to mux an M2V and an AC3, AIFF, or WAV?

I Have already tried MPEG Streamclip, and I can only get an MPEG-2 with MP2 audio, but the audio level drops quite a bit. I'd like to avoid that.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Crawford
crawford@lkccreative.com

Return to posts index

Jason Brown
Re: 1) Square pixels in compressor with 720x480 MPEG2? or -- 2) Best way to mux m2v and ac3, aiff, or wav?
on Nov 23, 2010 at 12:56:14 am

Best way to mux...could u open m2v with qt7 pro with mpeg2 decoder, open aiff....copy, add to movie, then save? Not sure if that is what u r thinking in regards to "mux".

Also, 720x480 isn't a square pixel aspect...you'll have issues trying to keep it square pix with most encoders...they try to be dummy proof. Episode has some good controls for making "non standard" resulting files.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]