FORUMS: list search recent posts

Image logo distorts when rendering in 'progressive-scan'

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Senga
Image logo distorts when rendering in 'progressive-scan'
on Sep 14, 2010 at 8:50:26 am

Good day!

I have encountered a problem when rendering my movie: the logo I put on the top-right gets distorted when I switch to 'Progressive' in the Adobe Media Encoder in either FLV or WMV format.

But the logo is crystal clear when I allow interlaced processing, but that messes up the video instead with those interlaced lines. So that's a no-no also. Is there any solution to this? It would be very much appreciated. I tried experimenting, even to the point of exporting the image to various formats.

Here are the pictures btw:

Return to posts index

Chris Blair
Re: Image logo distorts when rendering in 'progressive-scan'
on Sep 15, 2010 at 12:17:24 am

Is the logo a static graphic keyed in the video or is it video with alpha? The only two possible reasons I can think of are:

1. The logo has some pretty thin lines, which are going to get crunched when you resize and compress. Not much you can do about that other than to blur the logo slightly or try to fatten up those lines a little.

2. If it's video with alpha, does it match the interlacing of the project? If there's a mismatch there (it's interlaced and the video is progressive), you'd see the problem noted.

Other than those two things...I can't think of a reason why it would look that much different.

It would also help to give more information...like the specs of the original video and timeline...how you're keying the graphic (noted above), what you're compressing to size-wise and codec wise etc.

Chris Blair
Magnetic Image, Inc.
Evansville, IN
http://www.videomi.com
Read our blog http://www.videomi.com/blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]