FORUMS: list search recent posts

I need advice compressing 1280x720 footage

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chuck Purnell
I need advice compressing 1280x720 footage
on Jul 11, 2010 at 10:12:54 pm

I studied the forums here on Creative Cow and watched YouTube videos on how to set up Apple's Compressor for great results with compressing HD video and I am not happy with my end result! All my graphic work looks awesome, however once the video plays, its very jerky and it stalls on certain clips and it seems like its playing back in slow motion and not normal speed however the audio sounds great and is in sync. There is a lot of movement in my video of people dancing and pans from the camera, etc. What could be causing this? I tried several different compression attempts today, each with different settings.

The latest compression settings I used are:

Export out of FCP using QT Conversion
Selected QT movie then clicked options
Changed my compression type to MPEG-4 Video
Frame rate I left at current
Keyframe every 24
Data Rate I left at 6400
Compression Quality - Best

Video Size:
Dimensions I changed to 1280x720 16:9
I clicked deinterlace source video (which should have made my video look smooth as I am told)

Audio:
AAC; Stereo; 44.1

Render: Better
Target bit rate - 192

Fast Start for internet streaming

I also did made an attempt and compressed this same footage as H.264 but I had some of those settings different than what I listed above but I wasn't to happy with the results of that either. It was jerky too.

By looking at what I have listed, is there anything you see wrong or that I should try? The video flows perfectly on my FCP timeline. There is something in the compression settings that is making playback jerky and unwatchable.

Thanks!!!

Cre8tive Minds Entertainment, LLC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]