FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trying to encode mpeg1 file on cleaner 6

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
fiona whitty
Trying to encode mpeg1 file on cleaner 6
on Jul 8, 2010 at 3:52:08 pm

How do I create 2 mpeg 1 video files from a quick time movie on cleaner 6. I tried but it keeps encoding two separate files, one wav, one mov but they are both audio?? Please can you help me with this?

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Trying to encode mpeg1 file on cleaner 6
on Jul 8, 2010 at 4:23:20 pm

Sorry to not answer your question directly but Cleaner 6 is going to have a huge number of compatible issues as its more less been dead for a number of years. It will likely have compatibility issues in its use of current versions of Quicktime, Mac OS, Intel CPUs just to name a few.

I assume you're trying to create an MPEG1 (muxed) file. That you are not getting video may well mean it's having issues with the source Quicktime codec (which you don't mention). You might start with its MPEG1 preset. If that's not working then you may be experiencing a good reason to retire Cleaner. The last version 6.5.x predates the Mac's change to Intel processors and was never tested with newer OSs or versions of Quicktime.

You should be using Telestream Episode or maybe Sorenson Squeeze.

Return to posts index

fiona whitty
on Jul 8, 2010 at 5:45:04 pm

Thank you, I will try and if not I will get the new version of cleaner. Can you download it for free anywhere?

Best wishes,
Fiona

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jul 8, 2010 at 6:01:19 pm

There is no "new" version of Cleaner. It's basically been left for dead for a few years. Your equivalent options or Telestream Episode and Sorenson Squeeze.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]