FORUMS: list search recent posts

Apple Compressor Problems

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Melvin Royster
Apple Compressor Problems
on Jul 7, 2010 at 5:01:59 pm

Hello all,

I didn't see an Apple Compressor Forum, so I thought I'd post in here and see what I get back. I've been trying to export to Compressor 3.0.5 for a while now in FCP 6.0.6 but once I drop the compression setting on the video, the program freezes.

I even exported in FCP and created a Quicktime Move (not a reference) and tried to drop that file into Compressor, but once again, it freezes once I drop the compression setting on the file. And I mean a complete freeze, I won't even get to see the video settings in the Inspector window, I just get the Apple spinning wheel. Any suggestions?

Melvin

FCP 6.0.6
Compressor 3.0.5
Mac OS X Version 10.5.8
8Gb of Ram

Return to posts index

Mark Spano
Re: Apple Compressor Problems
on Jul 8, 2010 at 3:48:44 pm

I get spinning wheel in Compressor often when the Preview window is open and the source Quicktime file is complex. It's taking some time to try to approximate what that compression will do to the video and display it for you - not crashing. Try opening Compressor and closing the Preview window before applying any preset. If it's what I referred to, you won't get a spinning wheel. If not, then it might point to a bad source file that Quicktime can't understand.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]