FORUMS: list search recent posts

Specs for Commercial Submission

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lee Warner
Specs for Commercial Submission
on Jun 25, 2010 at 3:12:33 pm

Please provide any examples as to what broadcast and cable are requiring for digital specs when submitting a spot via ftp? I wanted to check if our specs are on par with everyone else.

things such as codec, data rate, etc.

thanks
Lee
CTV Calgary

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Specs for Commercial Submission
on Jun 25, 2010 at 3:20:59 pm

They need to give you specs. There are many differences ranging from DGFastchannel to specific cable providers.

Generally I find MPEG-2 Program Stream, 2 Pass CBR, over 10mbps, Closed GOP. Some may require upper field. Some want 4:2:2 color space and others might accept 4:2:0.

You MUST ask the PROVIDER. Our specs wont get you passed YOUR PROVIDER'S specs.

Return to posts index

Lee Warner
on Jun 25, 2010 at 3:25:57 pm

In this case, my company IS the provider. I am asking for examples of digital submission specs broadcasters and cable in your area have given to you so that I can compare our requirements that we give our own advertisers.

Lee
CTV Calgary

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Jun 25, 2010 at 3:35:13 pm

MPEG2 Program Stream, over 10mbps, Slate with spot code at head followed by 1 sec of black. Color Space 4:2:2, Closed GOP IBBPBB, Audio 384kbps, Layer II, Psycho Model 2, Field Oder Same as Source (or upper it depends on YOUR handling), 720x480 or 720x512 (that's space for VBI if customers are using Closed Captioning or Nielsen Sigma Encoding).

The problem is you have to determine what YOU can handle and then tell people. It may depend on your input system.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]