FORUMS: list search recent posts

Long videos from PP CS4 to WMV on a Mac

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brent Critchfield
Long videos from PP CS4 to WMV on a Mac
on Jun 24, 2010 at 1:58:58 am

So I think I've got a bit of a dilemma here. I recorded a 4-day conference last week in XDCAM EX. Edited this week on CS4 on my Mac with the new i7 processor. The client requires delivery in WMV, so I purchased Flip4Mac Studio Pro HD. As I understand it my workflow is to export from Premiere in a format that QT can open, then convert to WMV in Quicktime Pro.

My problem is the render time exporting from Premiere. The only format I've found so far that will handle HD resolutions (which I'd like to stick with so they can read the powerpoint slides) is h.264, but a 90 minute video is saying it's going to take 18 hours to render. With about 20 hours of video to export, I don't have a month available to do this intermediate rendering.

Any advice on an HD format that I can use to get this stuff into Quicktime that will render quickly? I can sacrifice some quality to gain some speed. File size is not an issue.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Long videos from PP CS4 to WMV on a Mac
on Jun 24, 2010 at 2:54:32 am

I take it Apple ProRes isn't available to you with CS4. Can you export to 8 bit Uncompressed? Can you export self contained in the XDCAM EX timeline codec? I'm not sure if there's a limitation of CS4 but I'd think you'd be able to export in the EX codec .mov extension if that's the timeline codec you're working in.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]