FORUMS: list search recent posts

Poor Compression Quality

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephanie Brodeur
Poor Compression Quality
on Jun 22, 2010 at 6:20:49 pm

I recently shot video using a Sony HVR-A1U in 1080i and recorded directly onto an HVR-dr60 hard drive. The quality of the original footage is perfect. After editing, my video is 94 minutes and I need to burn it onto standard definition DVD's. My first attempt, using compressor DVD presets, was tragic. While the audio was acceptable, the video became so degraded that I cannot even make out facial features. I am baffled because I have done this before and gotten much better results. I must be overlooking something this time around but I can't seem to figure it out. I toyed with several setting and the results are not any better.

Could the problem be with my sequence? If so, what should I check?

Is there a way to compress differently so that there is not such drastic degradation? I understand that it will look different than the original, but right now, it is unwatchable.

Help will be much appreciated.

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: Poor Compression Quality
on Jun 22, 2010 at 8:33:27 pm

[Stephanie Brodeur] "Could the problem be with my sequence? If so, what should I check? "

Who knows? -

[Stephanie Brodeur] "Is there a way to compress differently so that there is not such drastic degradation? I understand that it will look different than the original, but right now, it is unwatchable.
"

Again, who knows, you haven't provided us with any useful information. We have no idea what preset you used or the various encoding parameters you may have entered.

[Stephanie Brodeur] "I toyed with several setting and the results are not any better."

Toyed with what settings?

Please help us to help you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]