FORUMS: list search recent posts

10 year old source, deinterlace w/frame controls?

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
caleb crosby
10 year old source, deinterlace w/frame controls?
on Jun 15, 2010 at 4:15:32 pm

Greetings,

Question about using "frame controls" to deinterlace 29.97 source encoded via H264 for web. Have a 13 min FCP sequence from a miniDV tape, cloned from betaSP and Dbeta. Original source is S16mm film telecine at 29.97. The SEQ is a FCP 6 Prorez 422 DV 48hz SEQ.

I first launched my reel online in 2000, encoded at 320x240 with Sorenson Pro. I'm re-encoding now to make 640x360 for youtube. I'm testing now but need any info on best practice for 29.97 to web.

Frame control area looks like the best way to deinterlace but some of the tests were very time consuming with all controls set to best. Advice would be great.

TIA,
Caleb Crosby
DP
FCP 6.06
Compressor 3.05

Return to posts index

Mark Spano
Re: 10 year old source, deinterlace w/frame controls?
on Jun 16, 2010 at 3:20:31 pm

[caleb crosby] "Frame control area looks like the best way to deinterlace but some of the tests were very time consuming with all controls set to best. Advice would be great."

Frame controls is the best place to do deinterlacing process in Compressor. "Better" is often as good as "Best" and in much less time. The best way to figure this out is to try the options - you will be the best judge of quality of the encodes.

Often if I am unhappy with a deinterlace coming out of Compressor, I will try JES Deinterlacer. Good options in that program and pretty fast encodes.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]