FORUMS: list search recent posts

Codec issue (Im new)

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tyler Tully
Codec issue (Im new)
on May 31, 2010 at 6:39:54 pm

Alright I hate to have to go post on forums and ask questions and sorry for not know what to do like I said I'm very new to video editing, editing software and codecs. I have had 2 computers in the past 2 years that have ran flawless. I have watched over 4 tutorials on how to install/use codecs. I didn't think installing them would be something I would have trouble with, its so simple but for some reason for about a year now on both of my computers I have tried to install tons of different codecs over and over again and tons of different software but for some reason they just are not there. I have not used one of these since iv downloaded them, I have never seen the option to use them in any of my software such as adobe after effects, sony vegas or vdub and more.... I have no clue what I'm doing wrong. I'm embarrassed because it seems you cant really go wrong installing and using codecs but I just don't know what to do. Again sorry if I'm not posting in the right category or something, I'm new to the site as well. : /

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Codec issue (Im new)
on May 31, 2010 at 6:53:35 pm

We have no idea what codecs or what you're trying to do. No one can trouble shoot a general statement.

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/20/862073

Return to posts index

Tyler Tully
on May 31, 2010 at 8:05:23 pm

I'm trying to compress as avi in Virtualdub I guess? Nothing particular in Vegas or anything but its still like they arnt even on my computer. Its every codec...only the default ones I have seen in any software on my computer.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on May 31, 2010 at 8:25:56 pm

avi is a wrapper, not a codec. It can contain any number of different codecs. Without a specific example it'll be difficult for anyone to help. Please answer the questions in the linked post with a specific case.

Return to posts index

Tyler Tully
on Jun 1, 2010 at 1:45:20 am

Sorry I'm sleepy and didn't realize what I said. Im just trying to use the Xvid or DivX codec in vdub...

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
on May 31, 2010 at 10:14:31 pm

[Tyler Tully] "I'm trying to compress as avi in Virtualdub I guess? Nothing particular in Vegas or anything but its still like they arnt even on my computer. Its every codec...only the default ones I have seen in any software on my computer."

Ah, so you're using Windows. May your confusion continue.

Sorry, but unravelling codec issues on that platform is harder than explaining the meaning of life, unless you are a Windows system guru, but even then....

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on May 31, 2010 at 10:55:44 pm

[Daniel Low] "Sorry, but unravelling codec issues on that platform is harder than explaining the meaning of life, unless you are a Windows system guru, but even then"

The meaning of life is
"42"
Unraveling codec issues on Windows is certainly harder.

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
on Jun 1, 2010 at 8:41:02 am

;-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]