FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressing 30GB AVI

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jordan Abbey-Young
Compressing 30GB AVI
on May 29, 2010 at 7:06:39 am

Hey Guys,

I'm at my wits end, I use Sony Vegas 9 to create a 2hour 24 Minute, 30GB Movie file for a local Motorbike Rally Weekend Event.

I need to get it burned ASAP but I unable to do due to DVD Architect not burning such a large file for me.

I have tried Optimize DVD but I don't know what the benefits of changing the bit rate is so I only tried Fit To DVD for everything and the large files tell me they are too big.

How can I compress this file so the space on the 8.5GB disc does not read 122% Space Used.

Any help is appreciated!

Life's about being entertained.

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: Compressing 30GB AVI
on May 31, 2010 at 12:35:50 pm

[Jordan Abbey-Young] "How can I compress this file so the space on the 8.5GB disc does not read 122% Space Used. "

Use the DVD standard - MPEG-2

Return to posts index

Jordan Abbey-Young
on Jun 1, 2010 at 1:00:03 am

Problem Solved:

How: When the Menu is created in DVD Architect, with oversized files and all. Burn an ISO Image.

Download DVDShrink and use the program to create a version of the ISO image where it will fit to the selected Disc Size, in this case a 4.7GB Disc.

Using a burning program, my ISO image came up with the symbol for Roxio so I used that, to burn the ISO image to disc.

You now have your DVD with everything you intended on it, without major if any quality loss.

Worked for me!

Life's about being entertained.

Return to posts index

Brian Alexander
on Jun 2, 2010 at 1:18:12 am

This is not the way a compressionist goes about getting content to fit onto a DVD.

The idea is to compress media (video, audio, animation, gfx, etc.) with compression software. The amount of compression depends on 2 factors: File Size and Quality. The point is YOU control the compression, not software.

That said, when we're in a pinch, we do what we can to find what works and we make it work. Next time you may run across across the practice of bit budgeting. Have a look at this: Bit Budget

--
Brian Alexander
Sr Video Engineer
Freeman AVS

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]