FORUMS: list search recent posts

Prep An Hour-Long Video for the WEB?!

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lillian Young
Prep An Hour-Long Video for the WEB?!
on May 28, 2010 at 3:19:44 am

How can I compress this huge video down to a few MB for the web?

SOURCE

Apple Animation
770x578
22.05 MHz
30 FPS
44.84 GB
106.48 Data Rate
1 hr. 17 Duration

GOAL

No specs were provided, just a request to get the file size down from its current 594MB. I was told to use the Screen video 2 codec, but I've never heard of that and don't have it.

ABOUT

This video is a business webcast screen capture with some small text in charts that needs to remain crisp.

SUGGESTIONS?

I have no idea what to do because a small h.264 with low/med. settings rendered an 8-9 MB file from 2 minutes of footage, so I doubt I can get this hour-long footage "small."

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Prep An Hour-Long Video for the WEB?!
on May 28, 2010 at 3:48:36 am

[Lillian Young] "Apple Animation
770x578
22.05 MHz
30 FPS
44.84 GB
106.48 Data Rate
1 hr. 17 Duration
"

Sorry but you need to have them send you the specs. Most of these make absolutely NO sense.
22.05 might be KHz
44.84 GB makes no sense given you say
[Lillian Young] "down from its current 594MB"
106.48 data rate. Huh?
Get the right information from them please.

[Lillian Young] "I was told to use the Screen video 2 codec, "
Window Media Encoder has it. It's efficient for screen captures. I hope they have a good reason to eliminate all the Mac OS users in the world because that codec can't be played on the Mac OS.

[Lillian Young] "I have no idea what to do because a small h.264 with low/med. settings rendered an 8-9 MB file from 2 minutes of footage, so I doubt I can get this hour-long footage "small." "
H.264 has nothing to do with the size. The data rate you choose does. You'll have to do a bit of math to figure out data rate for the given duration to the targeted file size.

[Lillian Young] "just a request to get the file size down from its current 594MB"
Here's a math question for you. 77 minutes is 4620 seconds. 594MB divided by 8 would make it 4752mbits. What is the data rate in kbits/second?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]