FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon 550D - render way

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Emil Niemi
Canon 550D - render way
on May 25, 2010 at 1:48:46 pm

Rendering is the most hate i have, always problem with rendering.
Crappy quality i gets when everyone elses get great quality.

Now i finally got a guide from someone that i thought would be work super great with no problems.
But as usually it becomes problem.

I got this site
http://eugenia.gnomefiles.org/2010/03/14/starting-up-with-a-dslr-and-sony-v...

Have been reading it like 5 times. Didn't really get how i would have the settings on the Canon eos 550D systemcamera i do using.
So i just had them to the settings it always have been, except that i using 720p with 50fps.

After taking the shot i get a QuickTime .mov file and a .THM file around 20kb or so, no idea what this file is.

Now on stage 3 in that guide, i don't understand much.
First of all, i'm using Sony Vegas 8 pro.
What i done, was to get "Cineform neo scene 1.0" a trial version.
But when going in the convert tab, i see its only accept files in m2t and so on.

Now i just don't now what's wrong, and what i actually are needing to do? I need convert my file to something else, because what i understand Sony Vegas not like .mov files or so? And if converting the file to something else its getting better quality or something? I don't get that.

Well, im stuck here.
I checked the videosettings in the Canon 550D, and i can't find any place i can change the format.

So i wonder how i get better quality?

Serious, people with same objective/lens or whatever named in english, got better quality on their videos than me.

Check this video

Using "Canon 18-55 kit" and some more, and i got that 18-55, also having a sigma 28-105mm.
Still quality isn't great as they have.

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: Canon 550D - render way
on May 25, 2010 at 3:46:17 pm

[Emil Niemi] "Now i just don't now what's wrong, and what i actually are needing to do? I need convert my file to something else, because what i understand Sony Vegas not like .mov files or so?"

What do you want to end up with? What do you want to do with the video file in the end?

The Canon produces a Quicktime H.264 .mov. It couldn't be much simpler than that!. If Vegas does not support mov then you need to get something else. Why not just upgrade to Quicktime Pro and convert using that?

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
on May 25, 2010 at 3:49:12 pm

[Emil Niemi] "Now i just don't now what's wrong, and what i actually are needing to do? I need convert my file to something else, because what i understand Sony Vegas not like .mov files or so?"

What do you want to end up with? What do you want to do with the video file in the end?

The Canon produces a Quicktime H.264 .mov. It couldn't be much simpler than that!. If Vegas does not support mov then you need to get something else. You can use MPEGStream clip or Quicktime Pro

Return to posts index

Emil Niemi
on May 25, 2010 at 4:46:37 pm

I want just make a movie, with great nice quality and maybee put some text and effects i put in Sony vegas later on.
Also, if you look at this video

There he's using the same body (550D), 1 of the lenses he's using i got too. The rest i don't have.
But imo his quality is really great.

Here's 2 clips made from my camera, with 2 different lenses

Imo it wasn't 100% great quality ;S
And also wondering how i can make it better?

Got that link
http://eugenia.gnomefiles.org/2010/03/14/starting-up-with-a-dslr-and-sony-v...

Which i tried to understand, but don't understand it to 100%
Will i not get better quality if i convert it to another format and do like they say?
Idk, i thought that.

Return to posts index

Emil Niemi
on May 25, 2010 at 10:12:21 pm

Also i want to edit the video, and i don't know how i would render it out!

I'm using Sony Vegas and don't know really how i should render this out.

I was just watch creativecows compression tutorials in a hour, then i got tired and continuing tomorrow.
What i got from before is that someone told me that QuickTime containers into Sony Vegas isn't great.
Sony Vegas can handle it, but its not that great.

However, i'm going to edit the movie in Sony Vegas, and then maybee render it out in Sorenson Squeeze.
But how will i get the movie from Sony Vegas to Sorenson Squeeze?

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
on May 25, 2010 at 11:08:10 pm

[Emil Niemi] "And also wondering how i can make it better? "

Get a good geared head tripod. Set your aperture correctly . Shoot in 1080p. Move the camera slowly on the tripod. Grade with Magic Bullet looks.

It's all there in the info of

Shaky movement in your first shot will kill quality.

Return to posts index

Emil Niemi
on May 26, 2010 at 5:52:48 am

Ah ok, going to try to shoot in 1080p than.
But on VC i got answear that the .mov file from the canon 550D is AVCHD which isn't an compression scheme that's meant for editing.
So thats why i need to convert it?
But atm i got a trial of Cineform Neo Scene 1.0.
Can't import .mov files, only m2t, m2ts, mts and some other i can't see.

http://i46.tinypic.com/2hxrdds.jpg

There's a screenshot

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]