FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting Footage for Web

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Rierson
Exporting Footage for Web
on May 12, 2010 at 7:07:29 pm

I shoot a Virtual Tour for a real estate agent and I was wondering what would be the best export settings so that I can put it on the web for her. I used a Sony AVCHD camcorder and I have exported before but the quality is not always up to my standards. My footage is 29.97fps//1440x1080// 14.2mb/s// Apple Pro Res. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: Exporting Footage for Web
on May 12, 2010 at 7:45:22 pm

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/20/862073

Return to posts index

Kevin Rierson
on Jun 12, 2010 at 4:58:14 am

I am trying to get my ~5min video to youtube in the best quality possible. I have uploaded several videos but they all seem to lose a ton of quality and also they play extremely choppy (no matter where i view it). I have a mac dual core intel 4GB and Im shooting with HDR-SR8 Sony HD camcorder, AVCHD footage into Final Cut Pro 7. I imported my footage into FCP (log and transfer/USB) and it was converted to Apple Pro Res 422 1440x1080. I have tried to compress using Compressor and final cut itself. The file size varies from 120MB to 350MB after I am done and I have uploaded them all to youtube and they all look horrible and will not play well. I know that youtube will allow you to upload a max of 2GB, should I try to reach that size with a 5 min video or should i attempt to keep it small at the best quality. I would imagine the latter but Im not seeing good results. Any help would be appreciated. I know that its not going to look as if I plugged the camera directly to the tv with HDMI but I cant imagine the dropoff being that far off. Here is a link to an youtube video that I completed.

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
on Jun 12, 2010 at 6:35:49 pm

Difficult to diagnose where the slight choppiness is coming from, but other than that I'd say that the quality is perfectly acceptable for Youtube. Better if you view it at youtube.com in 720p

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]