FORUMS: list search recent posts

frame controls deinterlace issue (COMPRESSOR)

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
nayim saati
frame controls deinterlace issue (COMPRESSOR)
on May 11, 2010 at 9:34:01 pm

hey guys so im trying to convert dvcpro72060p footage onto a dvd and in the frame controls i have these settings:

resize filter: best
output fields progressive
deinterlace: fast

now since im going out progressive and my footage was originally progressive what should the deinterlace filter be set to? i dont want it to deinterlace anything.... any ideas what this means???

also in the video format i have
video format: ntsc
frame rate:29.97 ( should this be 59.94)?
aspect ratio: 16:9
field dominance: progressive

under quality i have this settings:
one pass CBR 8.5 mbps
GOP:15, closed

also if my footage is 59.94 and im compressing it to 29.97 for dvd arent i losing half my frames and wont this cause me issues???

im trying to get a good looking down convert transfer which ive been having with trouble getting so any ideas or thoughts on my settings would be welcomed as well...

im using compressor 3.0.5

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Daniel Low
Re: frame controls deinterlace issue (COMPRESSOR)
on May 11, 2010 at 10:36:16 pm

[nayim saati] "now since im going out progressive and my footage was originally progressive what should the deinterlace filter be set to? i dont want it to deinterlace anything.... any ideas what this means??? "

If you read the manual you'll see that compressor will ignore the deinterlace setting if the footage is progressive

[nayim saati] "also if my footage is 59.94 and im compressing it to 29.97 for dvd arent i losing half my frames and wont this cause me issues??? "

You won't lose half your frames, they'll be interpolated down to 29.97, again, consult the manual for a description of the controls for this. (Hint: Page 259)

Return to posts index

nayim saati
Re: frame controls deinterlace issue (COMPRESSOR)
on May 11, 2010 at 10:37:49 pm

thanks for the explanation and sorry for wasting your time.. ill check the manual first!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]