FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio/Video Sync Issue with .mts File Conversion

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arturo Morosoff
Audio/Video Sync Issue with .mts File Conversion
on May 3, 2010 at 8:46:07 pm

Hi,

I’m helping an NGO in Tanzania to produce some educational videos to be used by Community Health Volunteers as they visit families in their local neighborhoods. The videos will be shown in .3gp format on a Nokia mobile phone. I mention this because the NGO has limited resources and I'm attempting to use software that is free (or nearly free) and easy for local staff to use once I'm gone.

I’m currently trying to convert .mts video files from a HD Video Camera (Canon Vixia HF10) to a format that can be edited in Windows Movie Maker (.WMV/.ASF, .MPG (MPEG-1), .AVI (DV-AVI), .WMA, .WAV, and .MP3).

Ultimately, I’d like to do the following:

1. Record video on Canon Vixia HF10 in .mts format
2. Convert to Windows Movie Maker format
3. Edit Video
4. Convert to .3gp format and display videos on Nokia mobile phone

The problem I’m having is that when I convert from .MTS to .AVI or .MPG the video becomes badly out of sync (in some cases the audio plays at 2x the rate of the video). The degree of the error varies depending on the converter software and the conversion format.

I’m using the following conversion software:

• Any Video Converter (Free)
• Emicsoft MTS Converter (Free for 50%)
• Alive HD Video Converter (Not Free?)
• Laewo (Watermark)

I was concerned that the cause of the issue might be disk fragmentation on my computer and tried another PC (with plenty of HDD space and an unfragmented drive, but the issue remains the same).

I'm using the following PC hardware:

Lenovo T61 Laptop
Intel Core 2 Duo T7100 @ 1.80GHz
2GB RAM
Windows XP

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Arturo

Return to posts index

Arturo Morosoff
Re: Audio/Video Sync Issue with .mts File Conversion
on May 4, 2010 at 3:55:09 pm

FYI - I think I found the answer to my question elsewhere - posting here in case anyone is interested.

Looks like I found a solution. I posted to the forums on VideoHelp.com and someone suggested VoltaicHD and it seems to work perfectly. It was specifically designed to convert from .mts (AVCHD) to formats that people can easily edit on the Mac or PC.

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/VoltaicHD#features

http://www.shedworx.com/node/250

Arturo

Return to posts index

Mimi Zora
Sync issues with .mts file conversion
on Mar 11, 2011 at 7:55:15 pm

I'm having sync issues when converting .mts files (shot in 24p/cine mode on the Canon HFM 300) to Apple ProRes 422 files. I've been using Toast Titanium 10 to do the conversion. Picture quality looks fine, but the audio keeps slipping out of sync.

When I import the .mts files into Toast it recognizes them as:
29.97 | 48kHz

I know the clips were shot in 24p mode, so I'm not sure why they keep showing up as 29.97 when I bring them into Toast.

I've tried the following type of conversions --> from .mts to:
Apple ProRes 422 | 24fps | 44.1kHz
Apple ProRes 422 | 24fps | 48kHz
Apple ProRes 422 | Current | 48kHz
Apple ProRes 422 | 29.97 | 48kHz
Apple ProRes 422 | 29.97 | 44.1kHz

In all instances the audio falls out of sync. Is it Toast that's causing the problem, or is it something to do with the way I'm bringing the files in or how I'm exporting them?

Thanks in advance for your help with this issue!!!

Return to posts index

Wei Xu
on Dec 11, 2012 at 5:40:08 am

This Bros MTS video converter allows you to split one file into several, specify output file size with Bitrate Calculator tool, and adjust various output parameters to get custom files. Apart from this, you can even output multiple files from the same file at one time to satisfy multiple requirements.

You can try this function is very powerful MTS converter software, there are those functions that you say, you can learn from it and see that you have no help.

Browser from Google search elements Keywords: Bros MTS converter you can find this powerful software.

Return to posts index

igor jovcevski
on Dec 13, 2012 at 2:47:16 pm

this audio problems arise alot with MTS files. I would suggest ffmpeg or GUI ffmpeg such as Filmtrick Batch Converter.

Igor
Woowave.com
tools for digital artists

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]