FORUMS: list search recent posts

MainConcept Plug-in for Compressor

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Laughlin
MainConcept Plug-in for Compressor
on Apr 30, 2010 at 2:46:53 pm

I heard this was announced at NAB, sounds cool. Does anyone know when this is officially coming out? I've emailed MC numerous times, no responses. Also, if one encodes from MC's softwarem would they see a significant difference, from the same file encoded using AME's MC codec? Does the software change the way the codec looks if encoding from a 3rd party software using MC's codec, rather than encoding from MC directly?

Thanks,

Tom Laughlin
Producer/Editor
Salt Lake City, UT
FCP7/Sony EX-3/Mac Quad-Core Intel

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: MainConcept Plug-in for Compressor
on Apr 30, 2010 at 3:28:26 pm

Interesting - I didn't hear about this - have you got a link?

[Tom Laughlin] "Also, if one encodes from MC's softwarem would they see a significant difference, from the same file encoded using AME's MC codec? Does the software change the way the codec looks if encoding from a 3rd party software using MC's codec, rather than encoding from MC directly?
"

Like for like settings will produce the same results. The difference will come down to the pre-processing filtering, scaling, deinterlacing frame rate conversion and so on. Compresssor has some very good filtering, better than Adobe and probably better than MC.

Return to posts index

Tom Laughlin
on Apr 30, 2010 at 9:08:34 pm

Jan Ozer "On a completely different subject, MainConcept will also be selling versions of their codec that you can use in Apple Compressor as a QuickTime Export Component, and as a plug-in for Adobe Media Encoder (AME). Prices aren’t firm yet, but they sound like they’ll be in the $500-700 range, available sometime during the summer. This is a huge deal for Final Cut Pro producers, because the Apple codec is slow and has much lower quality than the MainConcept codec."

6th paragraph down.

http://blog.digitalcontentproducer.com/nab/2009/04/23/meet-mainconcept-the-...

Tom Laughlin
Producer/Editor
Salt Lake City, UT
FCP7/Sony EX-3/Mac Quad-Core Intel

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Apr 30, 2010 at 9:22:10 pm

Gosh, you'd be able to get the whole Episode 6¹ program with MainConcept for $495.

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
on Apr 30, 2010 at 9:58:32 pm

Boom!

;-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]