FORUMS: list search recent posts

Apple Compressor - Where to Deinterlace?

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Schoales
Apple Compressor - Where to Deinterlace?
on Apr 12, 2010 at 1:01:57 pm

So in the past I've just been compressing my stuff for the web using "quicktime conversion" in Final Cut, but I wanted to give that "Share" feature of FCS 3 a go, as well as compressor droplets and so I figured I should try setting up a custom compressor setting.

Normally, using quicktime conversion I set my settings as such:
VIDEO:
Codec - h264
Frame Rate - Current
Key Frames - Auto
Frame Reordering On
Data Rate Restrict To - 7500 kbits/sec
Best Quality (Multipass)

SIZE:
Size - HD 1280x720 HD
Deinterlace source video - On

Now I've found where to set just about everything in compressor EXCEPT for the deinterlace feature. I know under the Frame Controls section there is a deinterlace option (Fast, Better, Best) but there is also deinterlace under the video filters section.

I'm not sure WHICH one I should be turning on... if anyone could help me out that'd be really great!

(also, is it just me, or is the "YouTube" preset basically identical to what I'm trying to build? Cause if so I'll just use that from now on...)

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: Apple Compressor - Where to Deinterlace?
on Apr 12, 2010 at 2:08:01 pm

Deinterlace video filter is "legacy."
Frame Controls has a much more sophisticated "intelligent" deinterlacer although Apple dumbs it down giving just 3 words without explaining or allowing the user to control what's going on under the hood. It's a much better deinterlacer than the filter though.

Return to posts index

Adam Schoales
on Apr 12, 2010 at 2:23:02 pm

Okay cool. Which one is ideal (I'm going to go out on a limb and say best? haha)

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Apr 12, 2010 at 2:24:33 pm

Better is often good enough. Best takes a loooong time to process. use Better and if you're not happy try Best.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]