FORUMS: list search recent posts

BitVise MPEG-2 compressor worth it?

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Raila
BitVise MPEG-2 compressor worth it?
on Apr 5, 2010 at 11:37:00 pm

Hello,

I have a post 2 spots below describing my problem in detail...

In short, my MPEG-2 files that come out of Compressor are just not acceptable to me. They look very pixelated.

Is this BitVise MPEG compressor that much better? Are there other people out there who've had the same problems with Compressor and made the switch?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
Re: BitVise MPEG-2 compressor worth it?
on Apr 6, 2010 at 12:54:35 am

We run compressor at 6.3 mbps CBR for pretty much everything. We use Bitvice exclusively for situations where we have to put more than 2 hours of video on a DVD and it needs that extra special handling. But the fact that compressor is a one-stop shop for the MPEG and AC3 is a real timesaver. For most of what we encode it is fine. If you are encoding live bands with lots of swishing lights and movement I can see Bitvice being valuable. For most industrials I think compressor would be enough.

Bit Vice is a capable encoder that could use a workflow and interface upgrade.

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media Inc.
Video Production and Post
Owner/President/Editor/Designer/Animator
http://www.tiltmedia.com

Return to posts index

mark luigjes
Re: BitVise MPEG-2 compressor worth it?
on Apr 12, 2010 at 12:21:32 pm

We use Bitvice for every dvd we make. It's very reliable if you know some of the advanced encoding options. I believe does a great job in what it's supposed to.

For AC3 audio we use Compressor, so Rich is right regarding the work flow issue. But we still think the quality of Bitvice is worth the effort.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]