FORUMS: list search recent posts

Photo Jpeg blandness in image

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Lambert
Photo Jpeg blandness in image
on Mar 31, 2010 at 10:25:41 pm

Hi everyone

I am currently trying to export XDCAM footage from Avid Media Composer in Photo Jpeg at 95% quality I keep finding that the image is bland and almost desaturated compared to the original image at quite a noticeable way! I have exported as a standard quicktime and put it through Quicktime Pro with the same effect.

is there a procedure that the image must be over saturated before export with this codec or is it a simple settings routine that I have missed?

Any enlightment would be appreciated and I apologise for my limited expression of the technicalities of the subject I am primarily a camera operator and editing is more the hobby. But if there is any more info I can supply consider it done.

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: Photo Jpeg blandness in image
on Mar 31, 2010 at 10:43:17 pm

[Chris Lambert] "I keep finding that the image is bland and almost desaturated compared to the original image"

How exactly are you performing your comparisons?

[Chris Lambert] "is there a procedure that the image must be over saturated before export with this codec or is it a simple settings routine that I have missed? "

No. It could be something you've overlooked in your Avid export settings?

Return to posts index

Chris Lambert
Re: Photo Jpeg blandness in image
on Apr 3, 2010 at 4:53:23 pm

Hi Daniel

Thanks for the quick response my comparisons are currently being performed by exporting an uncompressed quicktime and a photojpg and then clicking between the different quicktime files on the taskbar. (Hardly a technical approach but the results are obvious even to an untrained eye.)

I've experimented around with Avid's setting in the photojpg filter settings but have had no success whatsoever. Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]