FORUMS: list search recent posts

Color Issues with H264 and Soreson

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Elisa Monti
Color Issues with H264 and Soreson
on Mar 3, 2010 at 7:07:06 pm

Hello everybody,
I've got a last-minute problem... Pleas give me a hand....
I'm exporting a Videoclip made on AE. I've tried with both H264 and Soreson3 but that's what happens:

ON A MAC
. H264 the result is ok looking at the video with QT or VLC.
. Soreson is a little bit better, the file is a little bit bigger and i can visualize the video in the same way on QT and VLC

ON A PC
. H264 is extremely desaturate. The backgroung of the video, originally heavy grey is really pale. This happens on both QT and VLC
. SORESON on VLC is great (same result than on a mac) while on QT is really pale.

Another issue is the crashing, on PC of both the application with all-lenght video, if I try to visualize only a partial exportation, instead, the application doesn't crash.

So, what format of video output have I to use to have a homogeneous result on both PC and MAC, VLC and QT?
The first use of this Videoclip will be on the net, vimeo, youtube, myspace ecc.... How can I optimize an HD video for the web keeping realistic colours?

Thank you very much

Elisa

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: Color Issues with H264 and Soreson
on Mar 4, 2010 at 12:27:58 am

[Elisa Monti] "I'm exporting a Videoclip made on AE"

How are you exporting it? What settings are you using etc?

Please read this:

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/20/862073

Return to posts index

Elisa Monti
on Mar 4, 2010 at 4:04:50 pm

Sorry for the previous uncomplete post. Here you are the information needed to give mi a help.
Thank you very much...

Computer: MacBook Pro, 2.66GhZ Core2Duo,

Operating System: Mac OSX 10.5.8

Software used: After Effects CS3

Source codec: part of the Video has some .avi sources in MotionJPEG Open DML 1280x720 (made by a Pentax K-7), the other part of the video is an animation made by the use of jpgs, png and illustrator files

Destination Codec: i've tried these two settings:
- H264: Render Settings: best settings (Frame rate as composition) Output Mode: H264, quality Best, 25fps Audio 44100 16bit stereo
- Sorenson: Render Settings: best settings (Frame rate as composition Output Mode: Sorenson Video 3, 25fps, quality Best, Audio 44100 16bit stereo.

3 Different Destination Use:
1. For Web use (youtube - vimeo - myspace etc)
2. For PC view (Playback on differents Platforms and Players)
3. For TV view (PAL)

How can I export the video?
The principal problem is that the black color is'n absolutely black on PC (but on my MAC is), the file is really big (can I put it on youtube f.ex. as well?)

Thank you very much
Elisa

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
on Mar 4, 2010 at 6:15:46 pm

[Elisa Monti] "The principal problem is that the black color is'n absolutely black on PC (but on my MAC is"

How have you ensured that the monitors on both the Macs and the PCs are calibrated exactly the same? And are they from the exact same manufacture and factory batch?

Obviously the graphics cards are unlikely to be the same but I guess you will have taken that into consideration?

Return to posts index

Elisa Monti
on Mar 5, 2010 at 2:57:19 pm

Well, I don't want to see the Video exactly the same on MY mac and on MY pc, I really don't care about it.... (even if Sorenson compression gives same results on VLC on MAC and PC)
I was looking for a compression Setting to have the best portable solution.
I knew that h264 or mpegs compressions were really commons.... ut I noticed these gamma problems on H264 so I asked if there is something better....

Thank you very much

Elisa

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
on Mar 5, 2010 at 3:49:12 pm

You have to go with H.264. Sorenson 3 requires Quicktime and not all PCs have Quicktime installed.

As for exact settings for H.264 compression, that's almost impossible to give you based on the information you have supplied us

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]