FORUMS: list search recent posts

HDV to AVCHD

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
randy Elkins
HDV to AVCHD
on Mar 2, 2010 at 7:32:28 pm

Hello!!!

I have a project shot on HDV and edited on FCPS in a HDV timeline and I'm trying to export it as a AVCHD file so that I can put it on a SD card. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
Re: HDV to AVCHD
on Mar 2, 2010 at 9:31:12 pm

I'm sorry but your post is like walking in the middle of a movie and expecting us to know the plot. You can put anything you want on an SD card provided the file fits.

Please read the sticky at the top of the forum about FASTEST response and include all the details.

Return to posts index

randy Elkins
on Mar 3, 2010 at 12:14:17 am

Ok. I am wanting to convert this or any format from a FCP timeline to AVCHD so that I can put it on a SD card so that I can put said card in a JVC SRHD 1500 Blue Ray recorder. I know that I can dump via fire into the recorder I was just hoping for a AVCHD option so that I can utilize the menu system of the recorder. This unit will only except AVCHD on a SD card. Go figure... I'm trying to figure out everything that can be done with this unit. I have a ton of .mov movies that I edited and would like to back up on BD. So is there a way to convert .mov to AVCHD? Thank!

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Mar 3, 2010 at 1:27:21 am

Thanks. I can see the workflow you're trying to work with.
http://pro.jvc.com/prof/attributes/specs.jsp?model_id=MDL101893&feature_id=...

It's not entirely clear from the above how the H.264/AVC is handled.
AVCHD cameras would have an H.264 Transport Stream. I see on page 35 of the manual
AVCHD, MPEG2 TS, PS, MOV SD mode from JVC HM series.

They're clear as mud about AVCHD since they're assuming it's coming straight from a camera. You might have to look at a file from an AVCHD camera in MediaInfo (I haven't tried this) or something else that'll give you the details. Then you can try to match the specifics to do an H.264 Transport Stream.

Here's another shot since it says MOV from JVC HM in SD mode (that's HDV compatible rather than XDCAM EX compatible) you might try something like exporting from FCP timeline in HDV .MOV (which is actually MPEG2, not AVCHD). JVC HM files were designed to drop right in to FCP so this might be an easy route even though not ideal.

While I can't guarantee either H.264 TS or HDV MOV it's an educated guess. BTW this is why presenting the full workflow can help me/us target possible solutions. Thanks for adding those key details.

Return to posts index

randy Elkins
on Mar 3, 2010 at 1:19:22 pm

Craig,
Thanks for the information! I'll keep you up to date on what I find out.

Randy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]