FORUMS: list search recent posts

upload to sftp

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Russell Gordon
upload to sftp
on Feb 23, 2010 at 10:48:46 pm

Hello,

I have a finished piece that I need to send to my client who wants me to upload it to their sftp site. Only I don't know how to do it. They gave me their 11 digit sftp address and I have tried many combinations such as ftp://XXX.XXX.XXX.XX and sftp://XXX.XXX.XXX.XX etc.

Could someone out there please let me know what I need to put on the browser address line?

Thank you-

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: upload to sftp
on Feb 24, 2010 at 12:32:16 am

Wrong forum dude. But a handy hint: use a dedicated FTP client, not a fcsking browser!

Return to posts index

Chris Blair
on Feb 24, 2010 at 1:55:06 am

I believe Firefox has a plug-in called FireFTP that runs right from the browswer but is actually a dedicated FTP client. It has some limitations as far as the number of files you can concurrently upload/download and things like that, but it's a great freebie tool.

As for where to plug-in the info, you typically would type in ftp://xxxx.xxx or whatever their FTP string is into the site address tab of an FTP client. Then you'd also need to know the user name and password, unless it's an anonymous and non-secure site (which I doubt).

You can also google how to do it and find a bunch of short tutorials.

Chris Blair
Magnetic Image, Inc.
Evansville, IN
http://www.videomi.com

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
on Feb 24, 2010 at 2:25:13 am

Chris, this is the fscking Compression techniques forum! FFS!

It's like going to the Final Cut forum and asking about how to make chicken soup!!!

Russell Gorden is quite clearly from another planet if he really thinks this is the place to ask such a question (Before you pipe up, I'm being kind)!

Return to posts index

Kris A. Wotipka
on Feb 25, 2010 at 3:33:18 am

Fueling the fire in hopes that you hit the correct forum next time. However, I can barely see why you would ask it here.

Download and use Cyberduck. It supports SFTP. All you need is the URL, Username and Password. You will be asked to accept an "unknown key". Just say yes. Navigate to the correct directory and upload away.

Now, for your penance, you must answer the next 5 newbie questions.

kw

kris@wotipka.com
Image maker

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]