FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe Inspire video quality

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Muhammad Osman
Adobe Inspire video quality
on Feb 10, 2010 at 2:42:07 pm

Hi,
I recently started working with web videos using Final Cut Pro. I have always struggled to find the better quality in minimum file size. I use Sorenson Squeeze to compress the file size further for web.

Anyway I was just checking the Adobe Inspire site and the video quality is amazing. https://xd.adobe.com/#/videos/video/328
When I download the video, the file size is 20MB which is pretty reasonable size for this kind of quality video. Can anyone help me figure out the compression settings they might have used?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: Adobe Inspire video quality
on Feb 10, 2010 at 3:45:37 pm

Adobe use very high quality source - what's your source format?

The camera is on a tripod most of the time and there's very little movement. Is that the same with your content?

They use professional lighting. Do you?

They experiment with transcode settings to get exactly the right ones, have you? or are you just using the presets in Squeeze?

Return to posts index

Muhammad Osman
Re: Adobe Inspire video quality
on Feb 10, 2010 at 4:10:00 pm

We use professional camera such as Sony EX1 and we mostly use tripod when interviewing someone. For now we are not using professional lighting.

I have discovered cutom settings for exporting from FCP and in sorenson for further compression. Adobe is using QuickTime format in H.264 at 640 x 320 (I guess) and as I mention the file size is only 20 MB. My file is smaller in dimensions with same codec but the file size is never less than 50 MB.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]