Pre-encoded assets and Compressor Job Actions

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon Hustings
Pre-encoded assets and Compressor Job Actions
on Feb 2, 2010 at 11:16:17 am

Hi Guys-
Just a quick question that I can't quite figure out:

The scenario: Compressor has created your BluRay disc (using the Create BluRay job action) and has encoded the AV perfectly, but you see an error in the Compressor built Menu; spelling mistake, wrong BG image etc.
Is there any way to use your prefect pre-encoded AV streams and just use Compressor to create the new Menus and burn to BD-R? Using the job action, doesn't leave you with any saved AV streams to re-use. I've tried importing the AV streams back into Compressor from a previously created elementary stream but Compressor is having none of it!
All I can seem to do is to start from the original QT master and endure another 6 hour encode just to fix a problem with the menu, which ultimately has nothing to do with the encoding of the AV master.

Any suggestions?
Cheers,

Simon

"Is it me or do I spend half my life watching little grey bars turn into little blue bars??"

Return to posts index

Simon Hustings
Re: Pre-encoded assets and Compressor Job Actions
on Feb 2, 2010 at 3:13:59 pm

- I forgot to mention that I am using FCS 3 and Compressor 3.5.1. Snow Leopard 10.6.2 on an 8core Intel Mac with an external Lacie BluRay Burner.

"Is it me or do I spend half my life watching little grey bars turn into little blue bars??"

Return to posts index

Julian Anthony
Re: Pre-encoded assets and Compressor Job Actions
on Jun 30, 2011 at 12:03:40 am

I'm curious whether you ever found an answer to your question. I find myself in the same predicament (except that the encode is taking 8 hours).

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]