FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor does not save files?

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roye Dinelle
Compressor does not save files?
on Jan 6, 2010 at 10:35:54 pm

After searching the Compressor threads I have yet to find the answer to my issue.

Using Final Cut Pro 7.0.1, I imported footage shot on a Canon XL-1, edited it then exported to Compressor 3.5.1 (using the DVD Best Quality settings) to use it in DVD Studio Pro 4.2.2.

The first few times I did it, it worked fine. Then, as I had to fix up the clip and re-export to Compressor, it would run normally, the Inspector doesn't show any mistakes or problems and it takes the average 40mins to an hour to work. But when it's done, the clip is nowhere to be found on the computer and the external drive.

I tried to re-export using 'Send-to/Compressor' and use different names to different folders, even to different drives, I also tried 'Share/DVD', 'Share/other' and 'Share/to Compressor' with no luck.

I get the same problem with different clips i.e.: Motion clips used in FCP to Compressor, 1min-45min-90min as well as 140min clips. I copied the exact file names, ran Compressor then copied the name in Finder to see where the file is going and it's not there.

From the threads I tried changing Targets from its preset to Cluster Storage, resetting the Background Processing for the Batch Monitor, changing priority from HIGH to MEDIUM, deleting the Finder Folder: and restarting the machine: I did those steps one at a time, then retried the export, then moved on to the other steps: I didn't do all of them at once.

I recently Zapped FCS2 from my iMac 24in 2.93GHz AND my MacBook Pro 2.4GHz, because I originally had an academic version, in order to install FCS3. Both machines are running Snow Leopard 10.6.2 with 4GB of RAM.

Sorry about the long explanation but I wanted to cover all the bases without wasting anyones time with troubleshooting already performed. I'll appreciate any help I can get as this project was due last week and I'm running out of excuses to give to the client!

Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]