FORUMS: list search recent posts

Frame accurate video codec

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jason stearns
Frame accurate video codec
on Jan 5, 2010 at 11:27:55 pm

I am capturing from a BETA SP, non-drop frame, 29.97 fps - which creates a quicktime (Uncompressed 10 bit 422, 29.97 fps) that is frame accurate (verified against visual window burn in timecode).

How do compress this file without losing frame sync or accurate timecode. I need something that is under 2 GB so I can send it via FTP.

I have spent 2 days doing research on this and cant find any online support. Can anyone help me please?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: Frame accurate video codec
on Jan 6, 2010 at 7:13:40 am

Apple ProRes amongst many others.

Return to posts index

jason stearns
on Jan 6, 2010 at 9:30:34 pm

Thanks. I was able to answer my own question

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
on Jan 8, 2010 at 11:16:34 am

Care to share your answer with this forum?

Return to posts index

jason stearns
on Jan 8, 2010 at 5:18:30 pm

So I captured the BETA SP in FCP as a NTSC-Photo jpeg 29.97 - because image quality wasnt my goal (trying to create a video reference for our sound guy, he typically likes a small frame size and file size).

Once I capture the material I dropped it into a new sequence. In the new sequence I change the timeline settings to non drop frame.

I used the visual time code on my source material and the time code on the sequence to get a reference frame sync. Which I then check my two pop and tail pop against. Everything lined up perfect.

Then you export to Quicktime movie. Under the settings option you select Custom. In the Custom window I changed the frame size to 320x240. Editing timebase was set to 29.97. Timecode Rate set to - Same as editing timebase. Quicktime video settings- to same codec Photo-jpeg and quality set at about 60%.

The original capture from BETA SP to photo jpeg was about 6.5GB and new compression ended up being about 1.5 GB.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]