FORUMS: list search recent posts

basic compressor 3.05 use w/FCP 6 and HD---troubleshooting

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eddy Falconer
basic compressor 3.05 use w/FCP 6 and HD---troubleshooting
on Dec 25, 2009 at 7:05:22 pm

I'm trying to export a simple 7 minute video, 1280x720 native format, for Youtube or Myspace, using either tools within FCP 6.0 or Compressor 3.05. I am finding that creating a simple mp4 with FCP 6 results in a video that stutters and hangs up all the way through, although the sound plays back fine. When I try to use Compressor, I am blocked from sending anything to the queue and get the message, "either restart your computer or reinstall Compressor". I have also gotten permissions error messages while trying to use Compressor; I went into sharing and permissions and tried to get it to recognize me as a user, but now it's the restart/reinstall msgs instead.

Any suggestions of best workflows or even workarounds are appreciated.

Background to this: Recently I had hardware trouble on my PPC G5 and installed a new internal drive and restored all the data to it from the backup using TM. Can a system problem suddenly result in FCP Studio 2 programs acting differently? I'm getting a worrisome bouncing blue folder in the dock at lower right when I try to export the snd using Soundtrack now, too. What can this mean? I managed to edit a whole project in Final Cut before running into these blockades, so....

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
Re: basic compressor 3.05 use w/FCP 6 and HD---troubleshooting
on Dec 27, 2009 at 7:54:11 pm

Sounds like some install issues. Could try this:

http://www.digitalrebellion.com/fcs_remover.htm

then do a reinstall of FCS.

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media Inc.
Video Production and Post
Owner/President/Editor/Designer/Animator

Return to posts index

Eddy Falconer
Re: basic compressor 3.05 use w/FCP 6 and HD---troubleshooting
on Jan 1, 2010 at 8:30:49 pm

well, no, that didn't work, alas. it did allow compressor to show more of its windows than it had been doing before the reinstall, but i'm still getting the same message on submitting: unable to submit to queue, please restart or reinstall Compressor. any other suggestions of what to try?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]