FORUMS: list search recent posts

Festival wants .mov for submission

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicholas Montgomery
Festival wants .mov for submission
on Dec 4, 2009 at 7:02:02 am

Hey all!

So a film of ours got accepted into a festival a couple towns over. The guy running it...I'm not quite sure what he's up to. He's asking for an .mov from every submission so that he can put them all down onto a timeline in FCP and project that onto a screen(?!?). It seems really wacky to me, but he claims this is how he's done it in the past and it's worked fine.

Anyways, my friend suggested delivering an .mov using H.264, but that would involve exporting Unc from Vegas, me dropping it into Apple Compressor and exporting it using H.264. I'm not so certain this would be the best option for quality. He's given me his Unc .mov to work with though.

What's the best way to get a high quality .mov from Vegas that will play in FCP (I'm not entirely familiar with Vegas, and all I saw from a glance was .mp4, which I immediately ruled out for FCP)?

Cinematographer / Editor
Synn Studios Inc.

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: Festival wants .mov for submission
on Dec 4, 2009 at 7:55:40 am

A .mov is just a container, asking for a .mov without specifying what codec to use is like asking half a question.

There's no point whatsoever is trying to guess, just ask him what type of .mov he wants.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]