FORUMS: list search recent posts

Apple Compressor: Best Practice for AVCHD to SD

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Schoales
Apple Compressor: Best Practice for AVCHD to SD
on Dec 1, 2009 at 6:07:46 am

Quick question: anyone have any tips for taking AVCHD footage and transcoding to SD 16:9 using compressor? I would love to edit in HD but this laptop simply cant handle it, and since its a musical the show is almost 2.5 hours long and thats not only way too much for Final Cut to handle, its also chewing up WAY too much space on this HD.

So just curious as to what the best method would be? Just bring in my Pro-Res files that I got from Final Cut Pro's log and transfer feature and drop 'em into compressor? What settings would be best? Is there a preset for converting to SD Anamorphic DV? Is DV the codec I want to go to?

I'm running Final Cut Studio 3 (2009) on a Macbook Pro, 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo, running Snow Leopard (10.6.2). I used FCP to take the AVCHD files from my Sony HDR-CX100 (1080i), converted them to ProRes (HQ), and want to go to Standard Def Anamorphic Widescreen. The final output is going to be DVD anyways so staying in HD doesn't make much sense, especially considering how huge the files will be, and how processor intensive they will be.

Any help would be super appreciated. All this HD stuff is VERY confusing to me haha.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]