FORUMS: list search recent posts

Apple Compression SD-DVD Help

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
nayim saati
Apple Compression SD-DVD Help
on Nov 30, 2009 at 2:17:12 pm

hey guys so i have 30 minutes of DVCPROHD footage that i need to compress onto a DVD. SO once my timeline was completed i sent it to compressor and i did dvd highest quality. I did a 2 pass VBR where i maxed the average bit rate to 7.7 and the highest point to 9. The file only came out to be 1.3 GB which irritated me because i could fit so much more onto the dvd and could use the extra quality because im not satisfied with how the dvd turned out. There are some moments when it becomes extremely pixelated for no reason because its not even when there is a lot of motion. Is there a better way to do this? i was thinking of doing a CBR at 9mbps but even that would still only give me 1.4 file size it estimates. whats the best way to get a great looking SD dvd from compressor. please any tips or advice will be helpful!

Return to posts index

nayim saati
Re: Apple Compression SD-DVD Help
on Nov 30, 2009 at 2:19:06 pm

sorry im using a apple G5:
2.7 ghz
6.5 gb RAM

Apple compressor 3.0.5
Final Cut Pro 6.0.6

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
on Nov 30, 2009 at 6:19:28 pm

http://www.produxion.net/2008/04/08/hd-to-sd-conversion-the-holy-grail/

Return to posts index

nayim saati
on Nov 30, 2009 at 8:24:15 pm

thanks i will try this tonight, you are sure it stills applies, it seems in the comments he went back to using compressor after upgrading to final cut studio 2?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]