FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating MPEG2 in squeeze for DVD Studio Pro?

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Raatz
Creating MPEG2 in squeeze for DVD Studio Pro?
on Nov 27, 2009 at 3:41:33 pm

I just purchased the Sorenson Squeeze 6 after being continually disappointed with the quality of HD to SD encoded files in compressor in Final Cut Pro 7.
The problem now is that when I try to create a DVD ready file in Final Cut, exporting a quicktime movie with squeeze, it encodes a MPG file. This file is not recognized by DVD Studio Pro as the M2V files are which are created directly in squeeze. Any way to export a MPV file while still in Final Cut??
This will save a step in the process, not needing to export a quicktime reference movie, which of course when working with long format material saves a ton of drive space as well.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: Creating MPEG2 in squeeze for DVD Studio Pro?
on Nov 30, 2009 at 5:08:48 am

[Jeff Raatz] "I just purchased the Sorenson Squeeze 6 after being continually disappointed with the quality of HD to SD encoded files in compressor in Final Cut Pro 7. "

You're not doing it right, do a search through the posts here, compressor is capable of great quality, if used correctly.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]