FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Problems when Converting MP4 to FLV

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
olga mazurkiewicz
Audio Problems when Converting MP4 to FLV
on Nov 18, 2009 at 5:15:31 pm

I am a video editor at a medical education company in New York City. Many of the videos I have to edit have been recorded off Skype with SuperTinTin and start usually as 320x240 AVI files.

In order to edit them in FCP 6 we convert them into MP4s and AIFF files which I can then resync. After syncing and editing them I export them out as MP4 for LAN (H.264) and upload them to a commercial video site which then encodes them to FLVs.

I have noticed that at least 50% of the videos have serious audio problems in playback - either the sync is off considerably compared to the synced and edited MP4s or the audio simply vanishes halfway through the playback from the video site.

My theory is that is has something to do with the MP4 to FLV conversion. Any ideas? I also noticed that when the original AVI files are converted to MP4 and AIFF audio files they are not the same length.

I am working on a 2.8 GHz Intel Core Duo MacBook Pro with 4GB 1067MHz DDR3 with FCP 6 and Leopard installed.

Any ideas and suggestions would be greatly appreciated,
Olga M

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: Audio Problems when Converting MP4 to FLV
on Nov 19, 2009 at 11:08:42 am

I'm not surprised you are having problems as you are going through so many different steps using low quality sources.

One this you need to do is start using a dedicated transcoding application like compressor or episode. Exporting through Quicktime is not good enough

"We and Apple are neck and neck and we're chasing the two
other players,"
Steve Ballmer, referring to Nokia and Research in Motion. October 6th 2009

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]