FORUMS: list search recent posts

Most common setting for narrowcasting

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Modijefsky
Most common setting for narrowcasting
on Nov 17, 2009 at 8:32:07 am

Hi there, I'm doing a test animation for a narrowcasting system and was wondering if there's a rule of thumb for data rates. Although the system itself is pc driven, it also accepts QuickTimes. I was thinking of delivering let's say 3 different versions for them to test: mp4, mov and xvid. Is this a good choice or do guys have better reccomendations? TIA.

-------------------------
what will this button do?

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: Most common setting for narrowcasting
on Nov 17, 2009 at 9:56:48 am

[David Modijefsky] "Hi there, I'm doing a test animation for a narrowcasting system and was wondering if there's a rule of thumb for data rates."

By its very definition, the audience of a narrowcast should have far less variance in the speed of their connection when compared to the general public.

You need to find out what these connections speeds are likely to be before you can settle on what data rate to deliver.

"We and Apple are neck and neck and we're chasing the two
other players,"
Steve Ballmer, referring to Nokia and Research in Motion. October 6th 2009

Return to posts index

David Modijefsky
Re: Most common setting for narrowcasting
on Nov 17, 2009 at 10:13:38 am

Thanks Daniel. I was able to get hold of one of the tech guys from the company who installed the system. He recommended wmv-9 with a bitrate between 1500 and 300 and mp4. He wasn't really sure about H-264 support. So I guess I start working with 2 two codecs.

-------------------------
what will this button do?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]