FORUMS: list search recent posts

Will pay for great compression. QT to FLV

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Schonberg
Will pay for great compression. QT to FLV
on Nov 3, 2009 at 12:56:51 am

I can't afford Sorensen or any of the good ones right now. Just spent my cash on After Effects and some other things. I do have cash for someone to compress my 9 lossless quicktimes into small FLVs. I am looking for someone who has Sorensen (or comparable capabilties) to pay reasonably for this. Or maybe just a kind soul to do it for free. I just need this done but cant afford Sorensen and AME wont make them small enough.

Return to posts index

Cat Mayville
Re: Will pay for great compression. QT to FLV
on Nov 3, 2009 at 7:08:02 pm

I use cleaner--probably cheaper to buy that then to pay somebody. I can help you with settings once you get the software

Thanks! Cat Mayville

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Nov 3, 2009 at 7:13:29 pm

Cleaner is DOA/EOL. It hasn't been updated in YEARS (yes, YEARS!).

Return to posts index

Dan Schonberg
on Nov 3, 2009 at 7:19:03 pm

Who makes Cleaner? Autodesk? How much is it?

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Nov 3, 2009 at 7:28:53 pm

Autodesk. $595. I strongly recommend NOT BUYING. VERY STRONGLY! It hasn't been updated in YEARS and it's increasing likely to have issues with current operating systems.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Nov 3, 2009 at 7:15:20 pm

It's really not what I'd call a "professional" encoding app but it might get you through a project for less money that it would cost to have someone compress it for you.

DV Kitchen - $80
http://www.dvcreators.net/dv-kitchen/

Return to posts index

Dan Schonberg
on Nov 3, 2009 at 10:58:02 pm

cool. i am going to look into this. may be the solution im looking for. hopefully they have a trial and I can see if it compresses well. if yes, im buying it!

Return to posts index

Dan Schonberg
on Nov 4, 2009 at 12:08:36 am

so Kitchen wont make a quicktime into a flv because I encoded my quicktime with a non-kitchen compatible codec. sound right? jeez. so I have to go make a new qt with a different codec to test Kitchens ability to make a small FLV. whew.

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Nov 4, 2009 at 12:13:04 am

I haven't used DV Kitchen but maybe that's the difference between an $80 app and a $495 app. I'd assume it should work with some or most Quicktime codecs if you have them installed. I think there are iMovie and Final Cut users, who use DV Kitchen.

Return to posts index

Dan Schonberg
on Nov 4, 2009 at 10:19:02 pm

Ok, until I get that figured out, I am still going to need someone to compress them for me when the project is approved.

Anyone willing to help an ambitious newbie out until I get my compression software.

Return to posts index

Andrew Crittenden
on Nov 7, 2009 at 6:21:21 am

Hey, I'm still trying to figure out my way with all this compression stuff. On my Mac, if I open a QT movie, and then go to File>Export, a dialog box comes up "Save As." Towards the bottom of the box, there is a setting for "Export," which gives me several options including "Movie to Flash Video." Now I don't know if that's because of some software I've purchased along the way or not, but it's an option I have.

If that doesn't work, you can try sending me a video, and I can compress this weekend for you. Not really interested in money. Don't want to commit to the whole job until I know more about the particulars.

Anyway, hope my post helps.

Andy

Andy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]