FORUMS: list search recent posts

Are there Render Farms that do Sorensen Squeezing

COW Forums : Compression Techniques

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Schonberg
Are there Render Farms that do Sorensen Squeezing
on Nov 2, 2009 at 8:19:09 pm

I have a set of lossless quicktimes and want to make the small FLVs I made with a Sorensen trial. I dont have the money for Sorensen at this moment but do have enough to pay someone reasonably to squeeze them for me. I already know my settings. Is there any businesses out there that do that? or someone who wants to do that?

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
Re: Are there Render Farms that do Sorensen Squeezing
on Nov 2, 2009 at 9:36:07 pm

Sorenson is not an enterprise level product, as such it's highly unlikely that anyone will have built a farm using it, however it'll be very easy to take your settings and apply them to a product that is used as a farm; like Rhozet Carbon Coder or Episode Engine.

That said, the cost of someone doing this for you is likely to exceed the cost of a single licence of Sorenson, depending of course on the number of hours you need doing.

Any particular reason you settled on Squeeze?

"We and Apple are neck and neck and we're chasing the two
other players,"
Steve Ballmer, referring to Nokia and Research in Motion. October 6th 2009

Return to posts index

Dan Schonberg
on Nov 2, 2009 at 11:22:40 pm

Is Sorensen not the best? I got a video here at Creative Cow (Internet killed the video star by aaron rabinowitz) that gave me the impression it was one of the best if not the best. Sorensen's trial version did better than Adobe Media Encoder. for compressing qt to flv would you reccomend something else?

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Nov 2, 2009 at 11:38:41 pm

Try Telestream Episode Encoder. It has much better processing filters and much deeper controls. Note there's a forum devoted to it on the COW. Many big facilities use Episode Engine, which is the enterprise version.

Return to posts index

Dan Schonberg
on Nov 2, 2009 at 11:46:16 pm

Cool, I am downlaoding a trial now! I will be researching this more but save me some trouble if you can and tell me what it can't do. It is also more expensive (double). Does it compress that much better?

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Nov 3, 2009 at 12:20:39 am

The basic version of Episode is about the same as Squeeze. The Pro version costs double but includes using some "broadcast" codecs and unlimited batches. Episode Engine is than a big step up from that but allows the render farm type workflow.

In other words, with Episode you can with a Desktop version (like Squeeze), the a higher end Desktop version all the way through to a render farm if you grow into that. It's quite scalable so it can grow with your needs.

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
on Nov 3, 2009 at 12:35:36 am

[Craig Seeman] "The basic version of Episode is about the same as Squeeze"

?? Not in my opinion.

other players,"

Return to posts index

Craig Seeman
on Nov 3, 2009 at 12:58:49 am

$495 for Episode, $499 for Squeeze. He was talking about price.

Return to posts index

Daniel Low
on Nov 2, 2009 at 11:54:31 pm

[Dan Schonberg] "I got a video here at Creative Cow (Internet killed the video star by aaron rabinowitz) that gave me the impression it was one of the best if not the best"

A lot of people got that (wrong) impression.

other players,"

Return to posts index

Dan Schonberg
on Nov 3, 2009 at 12:04:09 am

I just opened the trial. looks overwhelming*. Is it that much better? I got an 8.5 flv down to 3.5 via sorensen. Seems hard to beat.

*Not that I am not up for learning this, its just that my project is wrapping up and I just need these 9 videos compressed (without a trial watermark). After that, I may not be compressing for a few months, so it may be unwise of me to spend too much energy right now learning this.

Return to posts index

Dan Schonberg
on Nov 3, 2009 at 12:32:09 am

is it bad forum ettiqette to extend a monetary offer for someone to compress these 9 lossless quicktime videos into small flvs for me, since renderfarms of this type dont exist? One can send me an email at dan.schonberg@zimmer.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]